Michigan Area Repeater Council
Meeting Minutes  

March 5, 2006








Date:  3/5/06


Meeting Place:  Elk’s Club, Battle Creek




President:  Dennis Gaboury, W8DFG

Vice President:  Jim Maike, KB8IFE

Secretary:  Ann Manor, KT8F

Treasurer:  Dave Johnson, WD8DJB

Director:  Ron Gordon, W8YUC

Director:  Jim Kvochick, WB8AZP


Frequency Coordinator – 902 & up, 220 MHz:  Dan Thompson, N8WKM

Frequency Coordinator - 440 down:  Dennis, W8DFG Gaboury, W8DFG

Frequency Coordinator - outstate, links, controls, 6 meters:  Phil Manor, W8IC

Database Manager:  Dave Johnson, WD8DJB

Newsletter Editor:  Dan Thompson, N8WKM


Absent:  Jim Kvochick, WB8AZP


Meeting called to order by the President at:  1:03 PM.


Minutes from previous meeting read by Ann, KT8F.  Ann stated that the officers in place at the start of the December meeting should have been included.   Motion to accept the amended minutes made by Jim, KV8IFE and 2nd by Dan, N8WKM, motion carried.


The officers in place at the start of the December meeting were listed as: 
President:  Dennis Gaboury, W8DFG
Vice President:  Bruce Winchell, N8UT
Secretary:  Ann Manor, KT8F
Treasurer:  Kelly F. Karpp, KB8RWG
Director:  Ron Gordon, W8YUC
Director:  Walt Van Gorp WD8RCH


Short Discussion on the minutes followed.  Dan stated that the minutes may occasionally be edited to fit the mailed MARC Newsletter. A full copy of the minutes will be available on the web site.

Treasurer’s report provided by Dave Johnson, WD8DJB.  Motion to accept the report made by Dan, N8WKM, and 2nd by Ann, KT8F, motion carried.


Dennis, W8DFG stated that the treasurer is allowed to dispose of records older than 7 years. 


Old business: 


Phil stated that he is working on putting the “gentleman’s agreement” for a 100 mile co-channel spacing across state boundaries into the bylaws via the DOG will wait until responses to his inquiries have come in.  Will make proposal at next meeting.


New business: 


Dennis, W8DFG informed the BOD regarding the paperwork he picked up from the past treasurer.  Unopened bank statements and uncashed checks were included.  Dennis has performed a simple reconciliation of the records and the paperwork, which seemed to be in order.  He will not do an actual audit for the years that were covered by the previous treasurer.   Dave will return any uncashed checks that are older than 6 months.  Dennis requested that the VP and 2 directors perform an audit every 6 months.  To be done on meeting days, prior to or after the meeting.  Dave, WD8DJB, will maintain the records.  Dennis will change the resident agent with the state.  Official MARC records such as the Articles of Incorporation were also among the materials received.  Dennis will make copies for himself and Dave, WD8DJB. The secretary, Ann, KT8F will hold the original records. 


Dennis, W8DFG stated that the MARC quarterly meetings will be held on Saturday instead of Sunday, in general.  Discussion followed, everyone agreed.  This change will begin with the meeting in Traverse City on Saturday, June the 3rd.  


Dennis, W8DFG requested that Jim, KB8IFE and Jim, WB8AZP review the repeater directory on the MARC website.  Repeaters highlighted in red for the last 3 years or more will be contacted to notify them regarding their delinquent status.  Discussion followed.  Phil, W8IC read from the MARC Procedures the following: “The loss of coordination will be proceeded by a certified letter of intent to revoke the repeater’s coordination and a 6 month response period.”  The BOD recommended sending an Email first, requesting a response within 7 days, if none, a registered letter will follow stating if no response, the repeater will be decoordinated on a specified date in 6 months.


Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Ron, W8YUC, supported by Phil, W8IC, motion carried.  Time:  2:04 PM.   


Respectfully submitted,

Ann Manor, KT8F